David Call is an actor probably best known for his portrayal of Nick Lane on the FOX sci-fi series Fringe. Additionally, David played Ben Donovan on Gossip Girl and Connor Gavin on FX’s Rescue Me. He can currently be seen on big sc...
David Call is an actor probably best known for his portrayal of Nick Lane on the FOX sci-fi series Fringe. Additionally, David played Ben Donovan on Gossip Girl and Connor Gavin on FX’s Rescue Me. He can currently be seen on big screens across the land starring in Dead Man’s Burden, a Western about a struggling couple living in New Mexico in 1870.
David was nice enough to take a few minutes out of his busy schedule recently to answer a few of our questions.
1. You walk into a bar. What do you order from the bartender?
Beer or bourbon or both
2. Who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
Jose Canseco: philosopher, poet, athlete, legend.
3. What’s currently waiting for you on your DVR/TiVO?
The new season of Game of Thrones. I’m waiting til it’s all aired so I can binge.
4. It’s your last meal — what are you going out with?
5. What websites do you visit on a regular basis?
The Playlist, Dan Savage’s blog, NYTimes and Gawker
6. What’s the most frequently played song on your iPod?
Awww jeez, so many… this week it’s Song for Zula by Phosphorescent, but that will probably change by tomorrow.
7. The first face that comes to mind when you think “punchable”?
Ted Cruz is proving to be a pretty unbearable douche, plus he’s got a little weasel face that’s sort of asking for it.
8. What’s your favorite meme?
I kinda hate those things, but the Grape Fall video still makes me laugh til I cry
9. Dogs or cats?
Dogs, but they have to be bigger than cats.
10. Best concert of your life was…?
Around 2008 I saw the Black Keys at the old McCarren Pool in Brooklyn in the rain, that was pretty awesome.
11. What book are you most likely to give as a gift?
Jesus’ Son by Denis Johnson
12. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
The first movie I did was with William Hurt and he made a point of taking me to get dinner and drinks and spend lots of time just talking about acting and art and life. Then he told me that I deserved to be there. For an insecure young actor it meant the world. Some of the kindest words and the best education I’ve ever received.
13. South Park or Family Guy?
14. You have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do?
Probably go surf 1st thing in the morning, get some tacos for lunch, bike ride to a museum or movie in the afternoon, big dinner with beer and friends, then find a backyard to build a fire in.
15. What movie can you not resist watching if it’s on?
Blade Runner or Step Brothers
16. Android or iPhone?
17. Where did you eat the best meal of your life?
A tiny family restaurant on the island of Cephalonia in Greece. It was on the cliffs over Myrtos beach and was closed, but the whole family was in the back having a birthday party. They invited me and friends in anyway and we spent the whole night eating piles of amazing food and getting really drunk off homemade retsina while they played and sang folksongs.
18. The last movie you saw in a theater?
To The Wonder by Terrence Malick
19. Who was your first celebrity crush?
20. What would you cook if Nic Cage were coming to your house for dinner?
Ribs, I wanna see that dude tear into some messy meat with his hands.
Previously: Drew Magary
The post David Call Would Like To See Nic Cage ‘Tear Into Some Messy Meat With His Hands’ appeared first on UPROXX.